Being active on social media is a huge part of most successful businesses.
Social media marketing can help you generate leads, boost conversions, and increase brand awareness. But every entrepreneur knows how hard it is to find time and consistency to grow your social networks when working on your business.
Avoiding these four common Social Media mistakes takes some effort. However, it also has the potential to help you grow your business significantly. Not only can you avoid becoming irrelevant, but you can also establish yourself as a market leader.
1. Focusing on follower count
Followers are great, but keeping those followers is even better. Make sure you’re posting consistently — and posting content your audience wants to see. In addition, reply to your followers’ engagement, questions, comments and customer service issues so they know there’s a real human behind your brand.
2. Posting irrelevant, boring or salesy content
Create content that informs, educates, entertains or inspires. Roughly 80% of your content should be non-promotional, with the other 20% reserved for your sales, events and special offers.
3. Being tone-deaf
adjust your social media content to address various issues and be a source of help, inclusion and inspiration. Back your words with action so you’re followers know what you stand for — and what you’re doing to help your community.
4. Doing it all yourself
When you first start a business, you might be handling your social media yourself. If you continue trying to DIY your social media, however, you’ll be taking time away from other aspects of running your business. Some businesses outsource the work to an agency or use a combination of in-house and external resources.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways we can help you grow and scale your business👇🏽
1. Grab a free copy of our Digital Marketing Guide, these are the same marketing templates we use to generate leads, make sales and run profitable Social Media Ads. — Click Here: https://oceanskymedia.com/2021-marketing-guide/
2. Feature your business on The Miami Guide and gain instant exposure for your brand. 4+ Million impressions per month, 200K+ Social Media Followers, and 10K+ Pageviews per month. — Click Here: https://info.oceanskymedia.com/miamiguide-advertise
3. Work with our team and get more traffic and leads. Ocean Sky Media’s customers benefit from a strong social media presence. They pick up engaged followers, gain social influence, and saving loads of time. — Click Here: https://oceanskymedia.com/social-media-marketing/