Wondering what types of content are best for driving traffic to your website? Look no further, these 10 strategies are sure to bring visitors.

Between writing a new blog post, posting on social media, and strategizing for a new email campaign, it’s hard to look back and see what’s driving traffic to your site and what isn’t. The list below will help you increase the traffic to your website, generate more leads, and improve ROI.

1. Website Audit

First, enter your website URL into our Free Website Grader to see how strong it is. Then, learn the four steps to auditing your website for improved SEO and conversions. When you do a website audit, you’ll be able to find issues that are hurting your web traffic and conversions. Perhaps it’s broken links, hidden content, long page load speed times, or more. Identifying these issues will help you repair issues that are diverting traffic.

2. Website Analytics

Before you drive traffic to your website, it’s important to learn how users interact with your website. To do this, analyze your website using platforms, such as Google Analytics, to see where you’re losing and gaining visitors. With this information at your disposal, you can create the right content to drive the right traffic to your website.

3. Content marketing

Content marketing is a great starting point when looking at how to increase website traffic. When you publish consistent, valuable content on your website, it can help build credibility in your niche and attract the right people to your company. Put yourself in the shoes of your target audience and answer their questions and their concerns with your how-to guides, ebooks, and everything else that will naturally attract them to your website.

4. Social Media

Sharing content like a blog post, videos, and photos on social channels like Facebook and Instagram can attract your target audience and drive targeted traffic back to your website.

Besides posting on social media platforms, you can also use Instagram Stories swipe-up feature, or you can create a Messenger bot with ManyChat to initiate a conversation, get subscribers and funnel them to your website where they can view the content.

5. Boost your on-page SEO

Search Engine Optimization is essential to rank higher in search engines and bring in more traffic. Some on-page SEO elements include the page title, header, meta description, image alt-text, target-specific keywords, and the URL (plus more). Showing up in search engines will generate more traffic for your site. SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Ahrefs, and SEMrush will help you develop a strategy to generate traffic to your website. Plus, these help you come up with ideas for content that has the potential to generate high traffic.

6. Build Quality Backlinks

A backlink is a link from one website that points back to yours. Backlinks from industry-related domains can help drive quality traffic back to your website. If websites with high authority link to your site, that gives you more credibility.

7. Media Coverage and Public Relations

Earned media coverage is a great way to drive brand awareness for your company and traffic to your website. If your marketing and public relations teams work together, you can generate traffic to your site and create excellent word of mouth.

8. Social Share Buttons

Social share buttons are links that make it easy for your readers to share your content on social media. When your readers become promoters of your content, your traffic will increase. Once you’ve created your social share buttons ask people to share on social media.

9. Social News Sites

You can leverage Reddit and Quora’s online traffic to redirect them to your website or online shop. Come to the platform with the mindset that you’re making an account to be part of the community, not self-promote. Spend 80% of the time enriching discussions and use only the remaining 20% to promote your brand. This also decreases the chances of your posts getting flagged as spam by the moderators.

10. Email Marketing

An email list can be a valuable source to increase website traffic. These lists are full of interested people who want to hear what you have to say, whether it’s to read a blog post, watch a YouTube video, or get exclusive deals from your company.

You can start getting more traffic to your website today. Start by looking at your digital marketing channels and see which you need to add. Driving traffic is a never-ending task, but it’s also a task that yields results long after you get started. There are so many paths your future customers can take to reach your website, all you have to do is find the one that works best for your business. Try one of these methods in your next quarter’s demand generation strategy to see a significant traffic boost.

If you’re curious to see how your site measures up, run it through our Website Grader and find out how you can make your site more delightful.

Get your free instant Website Report Card